If you're concerned that you're loved ones might have procrastinated on your Mother's Day gift this year, aside from printing out one of the great deals from Your Retail Helper and taping it to a rear view mirror, you might consider a more direct approach.
Sometimes the giver procrastinates because they honestly don't know what to purchase or they're afraid of getting the wrong gift. I think it's OK to say, "For Mother's Day this year, I'd really like...". This could really take the pressure off your loved one. Now they know what you want and what the expectation is (within reason, ladies.) And let's be honest, as much as I love getting a great deal, some of the best and more memorable gifts can be very inexpensive.
If you really like the "rear view mirror approach", consider printing out this list or adding a few of your favorites.
Mother's Day Gift Ideas
- Breakfast / Cappuccino in Bed
- Day Spa Gift Certificate
- "Honey Do" Coupons
- Vacuum the Car
- Coupon for a Surprise Date with Babysitting PRE-arranged
- Hand Painted Canvas By the Kids
- Pick Up the Dry Cleaning / Go to the Bank & Post Office / Drop off the Kids / Vacuum the Car AGAIN
- Picnic with the Kids
- Clean the House (Windows and Toilets, too.)
- Download Favorite Songs from iTunes
- Create a "Sanctuary" spot for Mom (ie reading, relaxing, listening to music, painting, scrapbooking, etc...)
- Bubble Bath
- Family Talent Show
P.S. Click here for a list of in-store / mall coupons for those last minute Mother's Day Gifts.