How are you doing on your Summer Bucket List? We had a rough weekend with sick kiddos, so we didn't get to do as many things as we had hoped.
This past week we went to a couple of Parks and also Powell Gardens (near Kansas City). We had a blast. We ended up buying a Family Pass, which is going to save us a ton of money. There was so much to do there, that it was definitely worth the money. We'll be able to go back many times and explore.
This week, we're planning a trip to the Zoo and possibly Swimming. I'm also brainstorming on our 1st Annual Children's Art Show. We're going to have our friends create up to 6 pieces of Art and then we'll have them all display them as an Art Show in our Driveway. The kids are super excited about it.
Don't forget to sign up for the Summer Bucket List at The Happy Family Movement. It's a fun FREE way to stay accountable for all your summer plans for the kids. Sign up and tell us about your Summer adventures, get Free fun activities, and the best part, be eligible for Weekly Prizes (Your Retail Helper gave away a prize worth $119).
By the way, here's the link for a Free downloadable template for a Summer Passport at HeatherCarson.net. It was super easy to make.
Our 2012 Summer Bucket List.
- Create our 1st Annual Children's Art Fair
- Vacation Bible School
- Play Dates
- Deanna Rose Farm - Monday through Thursday
- Library - Every Week for their Summer Reading Program
- Family Movie Night
- Catch Fireflies
- Craft Projects
- Backyard Obstacle Course
- Summer Reading Program - 15 minutes a day reading. A must before they can do any video/computer games.
- Burr Oak - Blue Springs
- Waterfall - Independence
- Spray Parks - Independence
- George Owen's Nature Park - Independence
- Lowenstein - Lee's Summit
- Legacy Park - Lee's Summit
- Winterset Nature Park - Lee's Summit
- Harris - Lee's Summit
- Frontier Park (Pirate Ship Playground) - Olathe, KS
- Antioch Park / Old Dodge Town Playground - Merriam, KS
Paid Activities ($ - nominal cost, $$ - moderate cost, $$$ - expensive)
- Music with Mar. - Lee's Summit / Every Tuesday at 10 am - $
- Bowling - $$
- Plant Flowers - $
- Kansas City Zoo (Family Pass) - $
- Paradise Park - $$
- Kid Zone (Groupon) - $
- Wonderscope (Groupon) - $
- Waterpark - Independence or Lee's Summit - $$
- Shatto Farms - $
- Train ride on Amtrack from Lee's Summit to Downtown Kansas City / Lunch at Crown Center - $$
- Crown Center Lego Land - $$$
- Kansas City Sea Life Aquarium - $$$
- Nelson-Atkins Art Museum - $$
- 1-2 Live Theatre Performances - $$
- Powell Gardens - $$
- Blueberry Patch - $
- Dickinson Summer Movie Vacation Series - $
- Magic House - St Louis
- St. Louis Zoo - Free admission
- Grants Farm - St Louis - Free admission / Parking $10+
- St Louis Science Center - Free admission
Don’t want to miss a single deal? Go here to get Hot Deals sent directly to your Inbox! Thanks for joining Your Retail Helper.
This post may contain affiliate links. Go here to see our full Disclosure Statement.