Have you signed up for the Summer Bucket List yet? It's a fun FREE way to stay accountable for all your summer plans for the kids. Sign up and tell us about your Summer adventures, get Free fun activities, and the best part, be eligible for Weekly Prizes (Your Retail Helper will be giving away a prize worth $119).
Tomorrow officially starts our Summer Vacation. I've been brainstorming for the last several weeks regarding what activities we would do with the kids during their break. To make it even more fun, I wanted to document and keep track of all our events. I found this terrific Free downloadable template for a Summer Passport at HeatherCarson.net.
It was super easy to make. I made one for each of the kids. Instead of doing the stickers, we decided to use small stamps. For each activity that we check off our Summer Bucket List, we'll write in the little square what the activity was, the date and add a small stamp. The kids are SO excited about it. And it will make a great souvenir of everything they did during the Summer. I definitely want to make this a family tradition.
Here's the start to our Summer Bucket List. I hope this inspires you to create a list, too.
We probably won't get to everything on our list, but it gives us some great ideas to work with. I'm also going to print out a 3 month calendar to pencil in our activities. I'll put it in the kitchen so the kids can see what we'll be doing in upcoming days/weeks ahead. (By the way, I bought Groupon vouchers for some of these activities to save money.)
- Create our 1st Annual Children's Art Fair
- Vacation Bible School
- Play Dates
- Deanna Rose Farm - Monday through Thursday
- Library - Every Week for their Summer Reading Program
- Family Movie Night
- Catch Fireflies
- Craft Projects
- Backyard Obstacle Course
- Summer Reading Program - 15 minutes a day reading. A must before they can do any video/computer games.
- Burr Oak - Blue Springs
- Waterfall - Independence
- Spray Parks - Independence
- George Owen's Nature Park - Independence
- Lowenstein - Lee's Summit
- Legacy Park - Lee's Summit
- Winterset Nature Park - Lee's Summit
- Harris - Lee's Summit
- Frontier Park (Pirate Ship Playground) - Olathe, KS
- Antioch Park / Old Dodge Town Playground - Merriam, KS
Paid Activities ($ - nominal cost, $$ - moderate cost, $$$ - expensive)
- Music with Mar. - Lee's Summit / Every Tuesday at 10 am - $
- Bowling - $$
- Plant Flowers - $
- Kansas City Zoo (Family Pass) - $
- Paradise Park - $$
- Kid Zone (Groupon) - $
- Wonderscope (Groupon) - $
- Waterpark - Independence or Lee's Summit - $$
- Shatto Farms - $
- Train ride on Amtrack from Lee's Summit to Downtown Kansas City / Lunch at Crown Center - $$
- Crown Center Lego Land - $$$
- Kansas City Sea Life Aquarium - $$$
- Nelson-Atkins Art Museum - $$
- 1-2 Live Theatre Performances - $$
- Powell Gardens - $$
- Blueberry Patch - $
- Dickinson Summer Movie Vacation Series - $
- Magic House - St Louis
- St. Louis Zoo - Free admission
- Grants Farm - St Louis - Free admission / Parking $10+
- St Louis Science Center - Free admission
Don’t want to miss a single deal? Go here to get Hot Deals sent directly to your Inbox! Thanks for joining Your Retail Helper.
This post may contain affiliate links. Go here to see our full Disclosure Statement.