Are you still working on your Summer Bucket List? Here's our weekly update.
With the weather being over 100 degrees every day last week, we've had to be a little flexible on our plans. Thank goodness for indoor activities. Last Monday was the Dickinson Summer Movie Vacation Series. They were showing The Adventures of TinTin. It was such a fun movie. We might have to add that one to our collection.
We went to Music with Mar. on Tuesday. Then, later in the week, we went to Wonderscope, which is a hands on museum for kids. I had purchased a Groupon a couple of months ago. They have a Lego display and a number of other fun activities. My daughter's favorite room was "Ready, Vet, Go" (a fun interactive veterinary clinic).
What have you been up to this summer? We'd love to hear from you.
Don't forget to sign up for the Summer Bucket List at The Happy Family Movement. It's a fun FREE way to stay accountable for all your summer plans for the kids. Sign up and tell us about your Summer adventures, get Free fun activities, and the best part, be eligible for Weekly Prizes (Your Retail Helper gave away a prize worth $119).
By the way, here's the link for a Free downloadable template for a Summer Passport at HeatherCarson.net. It was super easy to make.
Our 2012 Summer Bucket List.
- Create our 1st Annual Children's Art Fair
- Vacation Bible School
- Play Dates
- Deanna Rose Farm - Monday through Thursday
- Library - Every Week for their Summer Reading Program
- Family Movie Night
- Catch Fireflies
- Craft Projects
- Backyard Obstacle Course
- Summer Reading Program - 15 minutes a day reading. A must before they can do any video/computer games.
- Burr Oak - Blue Springs
- Waterfall - Independence
- Spray Parks - Independence
- George Owen's Nature Park - Independence
- Lowenstein - Lee's Summit
- Legacy Park - Lee's Summit
- Winterset Nature Park - Lee's Summit
- Harris - Lee's Summit
- Frontier Park (Pirate Ship Playground) - Olathe, KS
- Antioch Park / Old Dodge Town Playground - Merriam, KS
Paid Activities ($ - nominal cost, $$ - moderate cost, $$$ - expensive)
- Music with Mar. - Lee's Summit / Every Tuesday at 10 am - $
- Bowling - $$
- Plant Flowers - $
- Kansas City Zoo (Family Pass) - $
- Paradise Park - $$
- Kid Zone (Groupon) - $
- Wonderscope (Groupon) - $
- Waterpark - Independence or Lee's Summit - $$
- Shatto Farms - $
- Train ride on Amtrack from Lee's Summit to Downtown Kansas City / Lunch at Crown Center - $$
- Crown Center Lego Land - $$$
- Kansas City Sea Life Aquarium - $$$
- Nelson-Atkins Art Museum - $$
- 1-2 Live Theatre Performances - $$
- Powell Gardens - $$
- Blueberry Patch - $
- Dickinson Summer Movie Vacation Series - $
- Magic House - St Louis
- St. Louis Zoo - Free admission
- Grants Farm - St Louis - Free admission / Parking $10+
- St Louis Science Center - Free admission
Don’t want to miss a single deal? Go here to get Hot Deals sent directly to your Inbox! Thanks for joining Your Retail Helper.
This post may contain affiliate links. Go here to see our full Disclosure Statement.